– To run a 5K and not be last.
– Maintain my present weight. Not gain 20-40 pounds like the doctor says is possible because of not having a thyroid.
– Be strong. Physical strength and the strength to stick with the program.
– Consistent weight training. I have done much better doing cardio workouts and you need both for a well-rounded program.
– See some abdominal definition. The insulin resistance makes it difficult because the majority of my extra weight is in my mid-section. I’m also short and short waisted, so neither of those things help.
Today was my “long”run. At 2.5 miles, it’s not very long but I am slowly getting there. The best part is how relaxed and happy I feel to actually finish and for the movement.